Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 23:54:07 -0400
From:      Shawn Walker <shawn@eblend.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote Upgrade

Hello,

    I currently have a box running 4.1-RELEASE.  It is not possible for me
to gain physical access to the box, so I was wondering if it is possible to
upgrade the box remotely.  I have looked at the instructions in the handbook
and in /usr/src/UPDATING, but there is some mention of a few steps that
should be completed in single user mode.  Is it possible to do this
remotely?

Thanks,

--
Shawn Walker
shawn@eblend.org <-----> http://www.eblend.org/

"In rural areas, we're not going to have full coverage until cows talk."
    -- Dan Dan Wilinsky, Sprint PCS