Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:19:36 +1000
From:      Dale Shaw <Dale.Shaw@select.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compaq SMART controllers, FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE.

Hi all,

First of, sorry to ask a question that is undoubtedly asked frequently.
I have had a quick flick through the mailing list archives and did find
some useful info but I still have a question.. :-)

I am attempting to get 3.3-RELEASE installed on a bunch of Compaq 800
series servers - they all have Compaq SMART-2DH disk controllers and
although the 3.3-RELEASE notes say it's supported, it doesn't appear to
be supported for the actual install (I want to install onto a RAID5
logical disk).

Has anyone been quick enough to build a 3.3-RELEASE install disk with
the ida(?) driver included? If not - how hard would it be to build my
own, using another 3.3-RELEASE machine? Is it a happenin' thang?

Please include me directly in any replies - I'm not subscribed.

cheers,
Dale

--
 Dale Shaw - Technical Services Group, SELECT APPROACH Pty Limited
 SELECT House, 25 - 27 Darling St, Mitchell, ACT, 2911, AUSTRALIA