Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Driver Database

  It took a bit longer to put together than I had planned, but I can
finally announce that the FreeBSD Driver Database is on-line at
http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers/

  The inspiration for the site came from a message about a month ago on
-hackers to try and coordinate driver developers who need hardware for
testing with sysadmins who have spare hardware laying around.
  The FreeBSD Driver Database allows driver developers to post information
about the status of their drivers including needs they may have that could
help them in their development efforts. Similarly, sysadmins (well, anyone
really) with hardware they are willing to lend to a developer can post
details about the hardware and it's availability. In addition, volunteers
can signup to test drivers that are currently in development.

  I tried to implement as much functionality as I could think of, but
surely I left something important out. So, as always, suggestions are
welcome.

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Richmond, VA