Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 11:56:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADSUP ATA support for newer SiS chipsets added

Well, I finally got to it, please report back to me if this
works for you on newer SiS chipsets, especially:

SiS 630, 633, 635, 730, 733 and 735

Also, support for the older:

SiS 530, 540 and 620

Should be in place now.

Anyhow If you have one of the above, please test with a new -current,
and report to me how it goes, I dont have any of those chipsets, so
I cant test it myself, donations of such boards are welcome :)...

If it seems to work then please do the following on an idle system:

for n in 1 2 3 4 5
do
    dd if=/dev/adX of=/dev/null bs=512K count=1
done

Where X is the drive connected to the SiS chipset (ad0, ad1 etc)
and mail me the output from the script and a copy of dmesg..

Thanks!

-Søren