Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 11:11:29 +0000 ()
From:      Steven Jorgensen <steve@casper.haunt.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   New PnP Awe 32 Sound Cards

	I just bought a new Plug-n-Play Soundblaster Awe32
	for my computer, and am trying to get it set up
	under FreeBSD 2.0.5.  I used the settings for
	the kernel config lines from someone else who has
	a non-PnP Awe 32, and configured the port, irq, and dma's
	according to what Windows 95 tells me the card is set to.

	Unfortunately it still doesn't recognise the card..
	Figuring the PnP bios was probably confusing the detect
	code, I borrowed the older Awe 32, and my kernel found
	his card fine..   So, my questions are:

	1) Is there some relatively simple change I can make to
	   the kernel detect code so that freebsd can find my
	   awe 32?

	2) Will this be a problem on all PnP cards out there?

	3) Does 2.1 handle PnP cards correctly?  Or even better
	   does it handle the Awe 32 Pnp card? :^)

	Thanks for any help.

					Steve
Steven Jorgensen			steve@haunt.com