Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 08:41:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
To:        dragonfire820@mediaone.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI Device Drivers

I put a generic 4.4 PCI device driver skeleton at:

	http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~tinguely/xxx_pci.c

it is more that you wanted but less fluff than a complete driver.
It is a skeleton C code, not a tutorial on newbus, dma, etc issues.

The ioctl() interface depends on how you interface your code with the
kernel (network driver is different from a character driver). I think
you are implementing a character driver, see the character driver information
in /usr/share/examples/drivers/make_device_driver.sh. how to add your driver
to the kernel configuration is simular to the changes made in
make_device_driver.sh. yes, I know you want a complete
make_pci_device_driver.sh file, but I am too lazy.

--mark tinguely