Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:21:44 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Torsten Blum <torstenb@vmunix.org>
Subject:   Re: zsh re-org

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 02:04:07PM -0800, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

> Torsten, I am not going to strip your maintainership at the moment but
> please try to respond sooner to reports.  As for zsh vs. zsh-devel,
> they can stay the way they are, there appears to be enough objections
> to change the default behavior.
>
> Ok?

I'd only point out the objections are all FUD related to the fact that the
authors label one beta and one release. I'd compare it to GIMP where the
development version is actually more stable the then "stable" or "release"
version. It is (as cpiazza pointed out) backwards compatible.

I'm not saying the old version is unstable, I'm just saying that its been
superceded.

<forrest-gump>
.. and that's all I have to say about that.
</forrest-gump>

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM