Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 00:16:50 PDT
From:      "Nicolescu Florin-Nicolae" <fnicoles@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kde 1.0 not working

Hi,

I've just install the kde1.0 packages over a 2.2.5 installed from a
cheapbyte CD. I used before kde 3.1b, compiled in my computer and it
worked just fine. Now, I get messages like this (for kmedia):

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_ftok" called from
kaudioserver:/usr/local/lib/libmediatool.so.1.0 at 0x8022148

But kmedia is not the only part isn't working. The same ftok problem
apeare also in khelp and some other kde apps. I read in kmediatool that
it was compiled against libcompat.a (this is a static library),and I
don't get it how is it possible to compile without errors (something
like undefined simbol _ftok) and then refuse to work. My kernel is
compiled with all SYSV options, and my libcompat.a has ftok defined
(anyway it doesn't matter).

Does anyone know how to solve this problem without downloading the kde
ports and compiling them?