Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 2014 00:44:57 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        d@delphij.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Massive ports update?

On 02/03/14 22:22, Xin Li wrote:=0D
> On 2/3/14, 9:59 PM, Nikola Pavlovi=C4=87 wrote:=0D
>> Was there a *huge* update to ports tree tonight between around 00:20 and=
=0D
>> 06:30 CET?  Portsnap just fetched 24720 patches (this is more or less=0D
>> every port I guess), but I can't find anything in =0D
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/ that would correspond to this. I'm=
=0D
>> a bit worried. :)=0D
> =0D
> This may be related to my upgrade operation on the portsnap builder, whic=
h=0D
> happened around UTC midnight, right after a new "snap" snapshot is taken.=
=0D
=0D
I'm pretty sure this resulted from changes to libarchive / bsdtar.  With=0D
them generating different tarballs for the same input, the portsnap build=
=0D
thinks that everything has changed.=0D
=0D
... there's actually code on the portsnap builder to revert such changes,=
=0D
but I don't think delphij knew about it and I didn't realize he was=0D
upgrading the portsnap builder until too late.=0D
=0D
-- =0D
Colin Percival=0D
Security Officer Emeritus, FreeBSD | The power to serve=0D