Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 09:58:23 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro <mwp@pucrs.br>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wine Problem

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 07:35:40PM -0300, Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to install wine in my 4.0-STABLE box. There are some
> problems.
>
> Exit of installation follows:
>
> >bash-2.03$ ./configure
> >Configure finished.  Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine.
> >
> >bash-2.03$ make depend
> >cd ./tools && make makedep
> >make: don't know how to make makedep.o. Stop
> >*** Error code 2
> >
> >Stop in /usr/home/mwp/win/wine-20000430.
> >bash-2.03$
>
> Configure is ok. But make is not ok. :)
> I far as I remember, it worked in my 3.4-STABLE box, but I can't realize
> what's wrong with this one.
> The wine I'm trying is the latest version, not the one in the ports
> collection. I've tryied the wine from ports and it went wrong too (same
> errors).

20000430 *is* the latest version in the ports. cvsup your ports tree.
It built fine for me under 4.0-STABLE, except that it doesn't install
the .so libs (easily fixed by cd'ing to the dlls directory and
running ``make install''), I'm putting together patches to fix this.

HTH

> Any help I shall thank.
>
> Thanks.
>
> MaurícioWP.
>
> ---
> mwp@pucrs.br
> Unix & Security Team
> PUCRS - Brasil

        ...and on the eighth day God created UNIX