Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:51:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      rsimmons@spamcop.net
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/25042: cvsup missed a couple of deletes in /usr/ports

>Number:         25042
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       cvsup missed a couple of deletes in /usr/ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Performing a "make update" in the /usr/src directory misses a couple of deletes in /usr/ports.  I have to go to the /usr/ports directory and run "make update" there to get it to delete these last couple of files.

I have the following in my /etc/make.conf file:
---------------------------
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
CXXFLAGS+= -fmemoize-lookups -fsave-memoized
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
#INSTALL=install -C
PPP_NOSUID=    true
NO_SHAREDOCS=  true
NODESCRYPTLINKS=true
NOGAMES=       true
NOPROFILE=     true
PRINTERDEVICE= ps
BOOTWAIT=0
USA_RESIDENT=          YES
MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?=   \
       ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR}/
SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUP=            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2
SUPHOST=        releng4.freebsd.org
SUPFILE=        /root/stable-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=   /root/ports-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=     /root/doc-supfile
TOP_TABLE_SIZE= 151
DOC_LANG=      en_US.ISO_8859-1
--------------------------------

With the supfiles listed here, when I run make update in the /usr/src it will go and it should cvsup the files in /usr/ports and /usr/doc in addition to /usr/src.  I did this on three different servers and it had the same behavior.
>How-To-Repeat:
Take a machine that was cvsup'd in december, or before.  run make update in /usr/src.  When that is complete, cd to /usr/ports and run make update there.  There will be a set of files that were not caught by the first make update and should have been.
On one of the machines these were the files that were missed in the first go around.  There were a few more files than this on the other two servers since they had not been cvsup'd in a longer time.
 Delete ports/audio/tosha/files/md5
 Delete ports/net/kmud/files/md5
 Delete ports/sysutils/healthd/files/healthd.sh
 Delete ports/sysutils/healthd/files/md5
 Delete ports/www/sitecopy/files/md5

>Fix:
Don't know.