Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 02:25:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TV-tuner card on FreeBSD-3.4

hi there
> Excuse me, but why do you use such an
> uninformative subject line to the
> question you've got. If you write subjects that
> don't at all fot your
> question, you'll most likely not get any
> answers!!

Sorry for that, I just added my comment as a (by
the way) to that thread on linux+FreeBSD.
may be I should have converted my comment into a
(WAS: ) sorry again.

> You don't tell us anything about your setup!
> Have you compiled your
> kernel with the bt848 options? Like:
> # Philips i2c bus support is provided by the
> `iicbus' device.
> #
> # Supported devices:
> # ic    i2c network interface
> # iic   i2c standard io
> # iicsmb i2c to smb bridge. Allow i2c i/o with
> smb commands.
> #
> # Supported interfaces:
> # pcf   Philips PCF8584 ISA-bus controller
> # bktr  brooktree848 I2C software interface
> #
> # Other:
> # iicbb generic I2C bit-banging code (needed by
> lpbb, bktr)
> #
> controller iicbus0
> controller iicbb0

YES, I added these into my kernel config, and
rebuilt the new kernel, and rebooted the machine
with the new kernel.

> # This provides support for TV card
> device          bktr0
>
> If so have you created the bktr device?

YES, I have added a /dev/bktr0, and also bktr1

and I also installed /usr/ports/graphics/fxtv
to try the card with that software.

I am getting "DEVICE NOT CONFIGURED" error
any help is greatly appreciated.

=====
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.