Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 12:17:10 -0400
From:      dennis@et.htp.com (dennis)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUP target for -STABLE, and setup for SUP info?

>> I'd be willing to put a few hundred bucks a year (say, $500) into a support
>> contract if it got me what I considered reasonable turn-around times.
>
>I had about $600 in mind, but we won't quibble about the $100.. :-)
>
>And now the next (and obvious) question - what would you consider to
>be a reasonable turn-around time? :)

Depends on what kind of support. If you're trying to appeal to the general
public then the answer is different than for developers. For $600., I'd want
to get someone who is likely to know the answer on the phone immediately, if
its just a question. Bug fixes are more complicated because they can have
varying levels of difficulty. Many times, you have to fix the bug yourself
because it only exists in your machine with your MB and your cards. You
can't expect a support team to have every machine config available...they
may not be able to duplicate the problem if they try. But what I do need to
know, immediately, is if other people have had the same problem and if there
is a fix.....because I don't want to waste time fixing something thats
already been fixed.

db