Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 2003 12:27:42 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, naroz@gmx.net
Subject:   Re: ICP Vortex GDT8514RZ: RAID 4 and 5 cause freeze

Hallo naroz@gmx.net,

> that was my first post about the problem: "IBM xSeries 345 freezes after 15
> min.
> (4.8, 5.0, 5.1, current)".
>
> I can't believe it, the Vortex SCSI controller is the problem. RAID 0, 1, 10
> runs perfect, RAID 4 and 5 (which I need) kills my server after 15 min.
> That's hard, because this is the 2. controller which will not run with FreeBSD

Do you use the buildin driver from FreeBSD iir?
Have you deactivated  the kernal module iir or icp?

I had no prioblem with vortex controlers so far.
Maybe you need a firmware upgrade?

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]