Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:13:35 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: processing incoming mail messages (FreshPorts 2)

On 18 Dec 2000, at 12:34, Joseph Scott wrote:

> 	Ok, so you'll have an import daemon out there, taking care of
> these one at a time.  That certainly makes sense, but it make sure it
> processes them commits in order it will have to pass some data to the
> import daemon, like the name of the file for that commit, so that it can
> be added to the queue in the import script.

The queue is implicit.  I will have a dedicated directory for the queue.
Each file in that directory is part of the queue.  The file names will be of
the forum date/time/process id.  Thus processing the files in
alphabetical order ensures they are consumed in the correct order.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/