Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2000 21:39:17 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn?= Johansson <di98jobj@chl.chalmers.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI and boot problems

Hi there!

Having used linux for a while I decided to try FreeBSD and when booting
from the 3.4 stable cd I get the following error

ncr0: SCSI phase error fixup: CCB already dequeued (0xc0c33c00)

I have a Symbios 53c875 chip on a Dawi control SCSI adapter and I have to
SCSI devices connected to it. One CD-Recorder Sony CDU926S and one CD-ROM
Plextor UltraPlex 40x. I have tried booting from both CDs as well as from
floppy but I get the same error.

I also tried removing the SCSI adapter and boot from an IDE-CD which
worked, but when I have installed FreeBSD on my Primary Slave HD I can't
get the boot manager to work properly. A prompt that looks something like
this comes up.

F1  DOS
F5  Drive 1

When I press F5 I get another menu looking like this

F1   FreeBSD
F5   Drive 0

When I press F1 here the computer just beeps and nothing happens. If I
choose to boot DOS (win98) it works OK, but not FreeBSD.

If anyone could help me with theses problems I'd be really grateful.

/Bjorn Johansson