Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 1995 23:31:50 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in rlogin?

On Sat, 5 Aug 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Take one slow net connection, one rlogin session that's got output
> spewing to it, type ^C.  That rlogin connection is dead, no more,
> it will never come back.  It is an ex-rlogin session.  OOB data
> handling a little screwed, perhaps?

    Gosh, and here I thought I simply wasn't being patient enough, or
that there was something wrong at the other end.  I had this happen to
me about 5 times just last night, with various rlogins back to io.org
in Toronto.  Lag was so bad it was taking over a minute for something
I type to echo back to me.  I would hit ^C to abort things like ls -l's
or ps ax's or last's.  The output would stop mid-line, and then
nothing.  I could still type (slowly) in other rlogins to the same
machine, but the one in which I hit ^C had to be restarted.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org