Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:47:37 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to print plain ASCII file

Is there a tutorial/source for printing simple ASCII files.

I read the handbook and the "simple setup" seems nothing, but simple.
First of all it seems to assume nothing is setup. Aren't there some
defaults already setup by the installation?

I am willing to put all the answers on a tutorial.

I also looked at man lpr. It seemed to imply about a variable (I think
PRINTER) with the name of the printer. My PRINTER variable is blank.

Is there a parameter I should send to lpr? -P<what_here?>