Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 23:23:28 -0500
From:      "Shane Ashley" <shane@ashleyweb.net>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   smtp relay from internal net with out dns resolution

	quick questions about mail relay and telnet

	I have a bsd(4.4) box that is on the DMZ of a firewall box.  the secured
network can reach it but it can not reach the secured network (therefore can
not reach the internal dns server).  I am having a difficulty using this box
as a mail relay because it is trying to resolve the clients ip address and
can't cause it can't reach the internal dns server for reverse look ups.
the client app is timing out waiting for the server to give it a response.
is there any way to disable the reverse lookups for telnet so that I can
simply use ip address restrictions to allow relaying?  or do I need to set
up a zone record for each of the possible ip blocks (with generic names) in
external bsd servers dns record?

	I'm still a little new at unix/freebsd so any help you can offer would be
greatly appreciated.
	Thanks,
	Shane
ps
already disabled name resolution in sendmail.