Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:30:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@pernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades/pppd

I'm having a strange problem with a 2.1.5R system with a Cyclades-16y
board in it(actually, two, but it doesn't make any difference).  I run
pppd from init, and every so often, pppd can't seem to negotiate a
connection.  It looks like it loses track of the port speed, because it
_starts_ to negotiate, but eventually dies with a timeout sending LCP
requests message.

This problem only appeared recently; however, before this the machines in
question would sporadically(about once every 1-7 days) reboot with no
panic messages or anything.  Every so often the machine will panic and die
trying to reboot.  It gives a message about being either in tty or net.

Anybody have any ideas?  Despite it's status as not-for-production, it
appears there has been major work done on the cy driver in -current.
Would this perhaps help my reboot problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Neal Rigney, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net