Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:30:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.1.7 support dual processors? 'make world' question, too

1. Looked through the hardware list and didn't see any mention of
dual processors (I don't think I saw them, but I'm not a hardware
guy.) This system has dual 133 MHz's on 2.1.0 and as far as I know
it only uses one of the processors. When I upgrade on Friday to 2.1.7
is there anything I can do to take advantage of the other processor?

2. Any idea how long "make world" will take with a 133 Mhz and 64 MB of
RAM? (4GB SCSI disk). Is there any part of the compile I can do in
advance to speed up the process? I want to cut down on the time I
have the users locked out.

3. Also, I 'supped' the stuff over on February 22 -- has anything
changed since then? Should I 're-sup' the night before the upgrade?

Thanks!

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org
Do you know what a pessimist is? A person who thinks everybody as