Date:      Mon, 10 May 2004 13:39:18 +0200
From:      Thomas Moestl <t.moestl@tu-bs.de>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ebus resource allocation error?

On Mon, 2004/05/10 at 10:32:04 +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Thomas Moestl wrote:
>
> > From e450 firmware property dumps I have lying around it seems
> > likely that 0x7e5 is the power failure notification interrupt of one
> > of the Psycho PCI bridges. The Psycho driver does not allocate it
> > with RF_SHAREABLE (and neither does your code), thus the error.
>
> Hmm, now that you mention it, it seems OFW indeed assigns this IRQ
> to two devices:
>
> $ /sbin/dmesg|fgrep 2021
> ebus0: <power> addr 0x1400724000-0x1400724003 irq 2034,2021 (no driver attached)
> ebus0: <SUNW,envctrl> addr 0x1400600000-0x1400600003 irq 2021,2024 (no driver attached)

Well, at least three then, because it is probably also assigned to
pcib0 (if your machine matches my property dumps). Since the nexus
driver does not keep resource lists, however, the resources of its
children (e.g. the Psycho Bridges) are not displayed in the boot
messages. I should fix that some time.

> Btw., how do I dump the OFW properties, other than by manually
> descending through the entire /devices hiearchy?  I guess it could be
> done using a FORTH command, but my FORTH knowledge has been seriously
> rotten away. ;-)

The easiest way would be 'ofwdump -ap' (FreeBSD) or 'prtconf -vp'
(Solaris).

	- Thomas

--
Thomas Moestl	<t.moestl@tu-bs.de>	http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/