Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 22:19:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        taavi@uninet.ee, freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best way to mirror FreeBSD ftp archive?

> > I am running FreeBSD ftp mirror for Estonia. However I have
> > trouble trying to stay up to date.
>
> Are you using rsync to keep up to date?  What are you mirroring?

the main problem for us is that ftp.freebsd.org does not (can not,
will not - i'm not criticising dgreenman here :-) run rsyncd, so
i still have to use `mirror' to keep up to date.  i've had a look
at omi and a couple of others, but haven't really had the time to
deploy.

are there any other `authoritative' mirror sites of ftp.freebsd.org
that support rsync ?

-jason