Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:43:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Westbay Family <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: keytool and Tomcat https under 1.4.1

  Disable the port's silly startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, and use
Tomcat's own startup script startup.sh in the bin directory.  See the
Tomcat install docs.

  In many cases, "ports" of Java applications is needless.  The binary is
cross-platform already.  And wrapping the app in a undocumented
propietary startup script isn't helping anyone.  Most people are going to
better off downloading the Tomcat binary from http://jakarta.apache.org
than using the FreeBSD port.  Just untar it, and run startup.sh.

Tom