Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 12:25:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, md@doc.ic.ac.uk, dwj@kenyan.doc.ic.ac.uk, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: support for Xircom PCMCIA Ethernet adapters?

> > > Has anyone considered that an environment that allows loading of ODI
> > > drivers is the first step towards an environment that can run the
> > > NetWare server NLM's in their entirety?
> > >
> > > 8-).
> >
> > Yes, I had seriously though of that fact.  You ever try to get sourcer
> > to grock server.exe :-) :-) :-)  It's not a pretty picture!!!  I need
> > better reverse engineering tools :-(.
>
> I'm working on a programmable disassembler (TclDisass :-)

Well I have a really good test case for you then!!!  For those who
don't know, server.exe is the guts of a Novell file server.  It is
close to what a kernel is to Unix.

The problem is with a program this size you need something higher
level than assembler output, and the disassmebler must understand
some of the more complex things that can be done (static jump tables are
easy to handle, but dynamic ones confuse the h*ll out of every one
I have ever tried :-().