Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:26:40 -0500
From:      Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
To:        Micke P <mickep3@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: starting daemons at server start

At 06:03 PM 1/4/2004, Micke P wrote:

>Woohoo! I changed the permissions on my apache shell file and presto-
>apache now starts on rebooting!

Speaking of permissions, I've got my fbsd box set up with apache2 as a
local development environment. It's working great and would save me tons of
time u/l'g and testing changes remotely if I could keep my hands off the
darned config. :)

I bring this up because where I'm stymied with Apache is having to
workaround my failure to recompile it with suexec enabled by changing file
permissions to what they won't be on the live servers.

Just in case anyone's interested....

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site