Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing XFree86 from the Ports

On 2002-08-16, MET scribbled:

# I went into the ports /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 and ran 'make install
# clean' as suggested.  A long time later snippet at the end appears.
#
# Simply put it seems that I'm out of space, but how is that possible.
# I've installed nothing but apache, php, mysql and the standard defaults
# during installation.
#
# So here's my question.  Whets the command to check my file system's
# space?  And is there a system wide function to delete crap similar to
# what 'make clean' does?

To check the disk usage of your hard drives, run:

df -k

or:

df -h

to get more readable numbers (in MB, GB, etc.)

You can run 'make distclean' from /usr/ports to clean out all of the
ports under that folder... depending on what was installed and how many
ports there are, it can take a while. Also look under
/usr/ports/distfile to see if there are any remnant distfiles that you
won't need anymore.

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                        http://closedsrc.org