Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:32:03 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Maikel Verheijen <maikel@worldonline.nl>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ipfilter version in stable...

In message <20010122103503.B78003@duckling.worldonline.nl>, Maikel
Verheijen wr
ites:
> Hi all!
>
> Does anyone know when there will be a new version of ipfilter be integrated
> in FreeBSD-stable? The one in FreeBSD (v3.4.8) still has a bug when natting
> active ftp connections.

You'll need to discuss that with Darren Reed, as he has FreeBSD commit
privileges.

> Of course I can install the newest ipfilter, but I don't want to recompile
> and install it after each buildworld + installworld :)

I use the following procedure to install the latest IP Filter during
buildworld/installworld.

1.  Extract the latest IP Filter in /usr/src/contrib.

2.  Rename /usr/src/contrib/ipfilter to ipfilter.orig

3.  Symlink ipfilter to ip_fil3.4.16 (example).

4.  Apply any local patches I may have to IP Filter (I currently have no
    local IP Filter patches).

5.  cd ipfilter && ./FreeBSD-4.0/kinstall

6.  Buildworld as usual.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC