Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 03:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <jkoshy@FreeBSD.org>
To:        alex@wnm.net, jkoshy@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/18683

Synopsis: Insufficient detail in /usr/src/UPDATING instructions

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: jkoshy
State-Changed-When: Thu May 25 03:43:19 PDT 2000
State-Changed-Why:
"/usr/src/UPDATING" is meant to be a reminder for -current
developers only; it is not suitable for use as a guideline for
doing a source upgrade between two -stable branches.

We need documentation for people wanting to upgrade via source
from one -stable branch to another.  A separate PR (docs/18807)
has been filed so that we don't forget :).