Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:07:36 -0400
From:      "C. A. Daelhousen" <cd9@buffalo.edu>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thank you all

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 05:48:08PM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Aug 22), C. A. Daelhousen said:
> > >
> > > Most laptops do this, actually, since a standard VGA console is
> > > 640x400 and no laptops are that resolution anymore :).  There's
> > > probably a hotkey to toggle "scale/noscale".  On Sony and Dell
> > > laptops, it's <Fn>+F.  The correct fix for X is to specify your
> > > laptop's native resolution in your XF86Config file.
> >
> > If you have syscons and "options SC_PIXEL_MODE" configured, then you can
> > use vidcontrol to get an 800x600 console.
>
> But even 800x600 is way too small for the current batch of laptops.
> The Dell Latitude C800's we get have a native resolution of 1400x1050 :)

800x600 is still bigger than 640x400. My dream would be to have syscons
support ALL of the VESA modes. (I can see 1600x1200 is supported by my
card, even if not by my monitor.) Is that in -CURRENT? Or, better, is
there a list of features in -CURRENT anywhere?

Better still, is there a syscons hacking guide anywhere?

--
..: Chad Daelhousen == cd9@buffalo.edu :.........: sig v3.1 :...
: Programming for 10 +/- 2 years (50 +/- 10% of a lifetime)    :