Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:18:00 +0200
From:      "Cezar Fistik" <cezar@arax.md>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   account management pam_ldap+nss_ldap

Hello all,

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me or point me to the =
right place to find a solution to the following problem. I have a system =
(5.3-release) configured to do user authentication through pam and ldap =
using map_ldap.so and nss_ldap.so. Everything is fine with that =
configuration, I am able to login, ssh and ftp to the system using users =
configured only in ldap with no problem.

What I'm looking for is a way to manage these accounts, I mean to =
temporarily disable (locking) an account or a group of accounts, like =
"pw lock username", set accounts expiration date and so on. I spent the =
last 2 days searching but found nothing, or maybe I was looking in wrong =
places?
Please if someone did things like described above, help me. Actually, =
I'm most interested in disabling/enabling an ldap account/group without =
deleting it.

I was trying to find a solution myself and have thought of following. To =
create an ldap schema file which will have an objectclass with the =
accountEnabled attribute (and maybe some others too). To include this =
objectclass for DNs containing users and somehow to create a filter in =
nss_ldap config file wich will do the filtering taking into account the =
accountEnabled flag. What do you think of this approach? I would =
appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,=20
Cezar Fistik=20