Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:43:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jacques Fourie <jacques4i@yahoo.com>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel stack size?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have two other questions
regarding this matter.

Would it be possible to extend the kernel stack?
The reason is that some of the crypto and hashing
algorithms use relatively large contexts which for
performance reasons are currently allocated on the
stack.

If this is not a good idea, would it be possible to
somehow allocate a block of memory on the heap and use
this as a stack in my interrupt routine?

regards,
jacques