Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:10:13 -0800
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        Il%j Sipicin <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: security/krb5 question

> security/krb5 installs ftp, telnet, etc programs into /usr/local/bin
> and few programs into /usr/local/libexec, how do they interoperate
> with such utilities in /usr/bin ?

Quite well.  I have both in my system and only rarely notice a
problem, but that's always because of path problems.  Edit
/etc/login.conf and setup aliases to your favorite kerberos utilities.

Here are a few from my /etc/csh.cshrc file:

alias telnet /usr/local/bin/telnet -axF
alias rsh /usr/local/bin/rsh -xF
alias ftp /usr/local/bin/ftp -xf
alias rlogin /usr/local/bin/rlogin -x -F
alias rcp /usr/local/bin/rcp -x
alias kinit /usr/local/bin/kinit -5fp
alias kdestroy /usr/local/bin/kdestroy -5 -4
alias klist /usr/local/bin/klist -5acf

--
Sean Chittenden