Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:03:15 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fdisk

The man page for fdisk isn't really clear about this, and I've never
tried it:

What happens if I run fdik -B on my main disk? The manual says this
reinitializes my boot code, but does it also trash my partition table?

I'd like to keep boot code relatively current, for bug fixes and others.
But I don't want to trash 5G of and operating system by trying this
without knowing what it does.
--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx