Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:42:51 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-testing@freebsd.org
Subject:   Coverity and jenkins

Hello;

I have been looking at how Coverity works and apparently there is a =
bunch of features that we are not using.

- it looks like one can define tests and the Coverity test advisor will =
check if the code that was recently changed is exercised by some test.
- Coverity will also know who committed the code and send the new =
warnings directly to the committer.

It would be interesting to check the Jenkins coverity plugin:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Coverity+Plugin =
<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Coverity+Plugin>;

While here, we should also run builds on i386 as that should have good =
performance and should point out portability issues .. I would think =
it=E2=80=99s just a matter of using the same bhyve configuration on an =
i386 image (I know =E2=80=A6 probably easier said than done ;) ).

In any case, huge thanks for keeping jenkins running!

Pedro.