Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:38:32 +0100
From:      "Erik Paulsen Skålerud" <erik@pentadon.com>
To:        "'M. Warner Losh'" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>

I have the following card:

wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 7 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:40:05:ae:e3:12
wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873
wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.00.07, Station 1.03.05

And I use this ifconfig to set it up:

/sbin/ifconfig wi0 mediaopt hostap channel 10 stationname firewall ssid
trollbakken wepmode on \
wepkey 1:ZHHE7NE0$E0 wepkey 2:tl2rnVG5$3W wepkey 3:Hd67WAv1$z6 wepkey
4:lwhH$os1tZB4f media DS/11Mbps

This works just fine, but suddenly I saw this in ifconfig:

        channel 10 authmode OPEN powersavemode OFF powersavesleep 100

I was thinking, "authmode OPEN"? What does this do?

I looked it up in the ifconfig manpage, and didnt get any smarter. So I
tried to play around with it. I tried to set it to "channel 10 authmode
shared".

And boom, card dead. Channel is now suddenly locked at channel 0, and I cant
get it back to the setup I had no matter what I do (except rebooting). Is
this a bug?

Erik.