Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:18:18 -0500
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ale@freebsd.org
Subject:   eaccelerator knob request

Are there any OS problems that would prevent adding:

/* Define if you like to use the eAccelerator functions to store keys in
   shared memory */
#define WITH_EACCELERATOR_SHM 1

to the eaccelerator port's config selectable config screen?

It is a very useful addition for busy webservers running large instances
of Moodle and it is a required option to make eaccelerator work
correctly with Moodle  versions 1.8 and up.

I installed eaccelerator with this option on one of my Moodle servers a
few weeks ago and I've seen a significant increase in performance and no
bugs (so far).

I can send-pr this request change, but I thought it best to ask the
maintainer (and everyone) if there is some problem I'm unaware of in
making the patch.

Thanks

Tim