Date:      12 Dec 1999 08:34:51 EST
From:      David Bein <bein@pyramid.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Solaris 2.7 ufs file systems ...

Hi ...

  I have a PC with triple boot partitions setup, one of
which is loaded with Solaris 2.7 (officially called version 7).
I am wondering if anyone has any experience directly mounting ufs
partitions which Solaris created. It should be pretty straight
forward to come up with a modified ufs source to read them
(much like ext2fs), but of course figuring out where Solaris
keeps the partition tables needed to get at the slices within
the partition is apparently a military secret. Can anyone
offer any advice on how to go about this?

  Thanks ...

--David

p.s. I am running 2.2.8 and am not expecting to upgrade
     that partition with 3.3 anytime soon. Because I am
     living on the same disk, NFS mounting is not an
     option for me - (sigh ...).