Date:      Sun, 21 May 1995 11:36:51 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Re: Mma for Linux, when?

> > To advance a slippery slope argument, settling for Linux application
> > is tantamount to settling for the Linux operating system.  Why run
> > FreeBSD at all if all the applications are going to be Linux
> > applications?  Why try to encourage more users to try FreeBSD when
> > Linux is so popular and has so much commercial application support?
> > We might as well spend our time and energy into making Linux a
> > better platform and abandon FreeBSD.

The Silence of an OS :)

First, they are not that many Linux native apps without source.

(Amancio once again turning green) if the user base starts at least
asking software manufacturers for a native port of their application(s)
we will not have the existing situation. If a company makes a port
of their application to linux it can't be that hard to port the
application to FreeBSD.

	FreeBSD is a good product. We just have to sell it!

	Amancio