Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 20:28:47 -0400
From:      "Steven Vetzal" <svetzal@icom.ca>
To:        "'Jim Cassata'" <jim@web-ex.com>, <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: natd question

I tend to disagree with Jim's comment on "unroutable IPs" being no risk.
They're no risk if you're positive the _other_ side of your link is clean,
but there are far too many mismanaged routers out there that don't have
unroutable ranges blocked, and if you're really paranoid, how do you know
the router you're talking to hasn't been compromised and is handing you
packets disguised as your own? Everything not in your control is suspect,
and even all things you _think_ are in your control should be considered
suspect.

I agree with Luigi's (forgive me) paranoid approach...

Steve