Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:24:35 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What are the proper new names for following devices

[ redirected from -questions to -chat ]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 8/28/00, 4:16:42 PM, Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>=20
wrote regarding Re: What are the proper new names for following devices:=

> I have a feeling you did not satisfy this guy!!!

>>> Quoting Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>:
>>>  [000828 10:46]:

Dear Odhiambo Washington,

AFAICS, today Ariel was trying to create the slice entries in /dev for=20
his source-updated (or to be updated) OS.

I recreate my slice entries in that way -- mutatis mutandis -- when I=20
remake my world; BTW, I remade it just yesterday, with no problems=20
whatsoever.

References to the slice entries are found in the docs (e.g. in=20
/usr/src/UPDATING); also, the question has been asked a few times in=20
the past few months, and, wait for it, **I** have already answered=20
*this* question at least another couple of times... :-)

Am I missing anything else ?

Best regards,
Salvo