Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:03:58 -0400
From:      Alan Clegg <alan@clegg.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: defaced websites and the like

Unless the network is lying to me again, Raoul Schroeder said:

> It would be nice to have a comparison with how many systems are out there.

I think if you go to:   The Netcraft Web Server Survey
			http://www.netcraft.com/survey/

(see the bottom of the page:
		http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/stats.html )

You can get that information.

> Also, there are great fluctuations per month, which makes comparision
> difficult. I didn't check thoroughly - is there a yearly average somewhere?

Look at the links from the stat.html page above.

AlanC
--
    Alan Clegg                          I do UNIX and Networks
  alan@clegg.com                    I don't have any certification