Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 07:07:38 -0700
From:      Alex Davidson <alexd@idcomm.com>
Subject:   Squid Errors

Having installed Squid on my 2.2.7 system, whenever I boot I get
numerous errors like this:
squid[329]: Starting Squid Cache versrion 1.2.beta22 dor
i386-unknown-freebsd2.2.6...
squid[329]: Process ID 329
squid[329]: Process ID 329
squid[329]: /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log: (13) Persmission denied
squid[329]: /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log: (13) Persmission denied
squid[329]: Cannot open logfile.
squid[329]: Cannot open logfile.
squid[329]: Cannot open logfile.

First thing it seems is that it's reporting it's a beta, Second it's for
2.2.6 and my system is 2.2.7.

The conf file didn't have the log file line uncommented at first so I
did that, the file also didn't exists at first but it does now.

I am only using one user - root so I do *think* it can be security on
the file.

Any hints?

Alex