Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:37:25 +0100
From:      Balanga Bar <balanga.bar@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupt storm detected

Wasn't sure how to check whether the correct PHY indexes were being used
but did notice differences in the boot logs between 11.2 and 12.0

Here's what I got under 11.2:-
Code:

FreeBSD clang version 6.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_600/final 326565) (based on
LLVM 6.0.0)
CPU: Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (**unknown 4** core)
  Little-endian DC enabled IC disabled WA disabled DC streaming enabled
  BTB disabled L2 enabled L2 prefetch enabled
  WB enabled LABT branch prediction disabled
  16KB/32B 4-way instruction cache
  16KB/32B 4-way write-back-locking-C data cache
real memory  = 134213632 (127 MB)
avail memory = 121294848 (115 MB)

and with 12.0:-
Code:

FreeBSD clang version 6.0.1 (tags/RELEASE_601/final 335540) (based on
LLVM 6.0.1)
CPU: Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (**unknown 4** core)
  Little-endian DC enabled IC enabled WA disabled DC streaming enabled
  BTB disabled L2 enabled L2 prefetch enabled
  WB enabled LABT branch prediction enabled
  16KB/32B 4-way instruction cache
  16KB/32B 4-way write-back-locking-C data cache
real memory  = 0 (0 MB)
avail memory = 120799232 (115 MB)

Could "IC (en/dis)abled" or "LABT branch prediction (en/dis)abled" be
responsible for the interrupt storm?

I've no idea what these terms refer to...