Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 08:49:12 -0500
From:      "Jeff Ehrenkrantz" <admin@gccomm.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   testing specific tcp ports

Hi all,
I appoligze for the not totally fbsd specific question but i would be using
a fsbd box to do the following tests if possible.

I work in a ms/novel plant where the boss uses an external
company/consultant to do the networking admin . and firewall stuff.

I have to run win98/nt in side but have a fbsd2.2.7 on the outside.

Does anyone know how i would test to see if i can get a specific tcp port
through.
I want to be able to mount a samba share on my fbsd box at work.

I'm having some trouble doing it but I don't know if it is becase of the
@#$%^&*( firewall

Ad some questions just create more paranoia so asking is the very LAST
resourt.

Thanks ..je