Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 2008 11:43:45 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        koitsu@FreeBSD.org, pjd@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        lhmwzy@gmail.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs quota question

> Yeah, ZFS offers a lot, which can create confusion, unfortunately. Do we
> limit physical space with quota or only logical (before compression)?
> Should we take space consumed by snapshots into account or not? etc.

On a related note, is there any way to make du tell me how big files
are in actual bytes on a compressed ZFS filesystem, aas opposed to space
on the disc ? I love ZFS, but I suddenly found out last night that I
have lost the ability tto do a 'du' on a directory to work out if it will
fit onto a CD or not :-)

-pete.