Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 01:52:46 +0100
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of Passwords/etc in FreeBSD-stable

Quoting Kris Kennaway (kris@hub.freebsd.org):
> Probably you switched from DES to MD5 passwords when you upgraded.

I didn't upgrade; it was a completely fresh installation.
Apparently MD5 hashes are the default method with 3.x

> Having said that, your netatalk example shows there's at least some need
> for it - it would be a fairly simple matter to copy the minpasswordlen
> code. If you submit the patch I'll try and get it committed.

Sorry, that's completely out of scope for me.

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.