Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 10:18:03 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com, se@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: NCR support broken in 950322-SNAP?

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I can get the exact text of the message if necessary, but just trying
> to install 950322-SNAP on an NCR machine just caused an assertion failure
> in ncr.c followed by general failure.

    I've installed the 950322 snapshot on my ASUS 486PVI-AP4
motherboard with the NCR53c810 controller and a Quantum Empire 1080S
without any problems.  I *did* get an error right after giving the NFS
install part my hostname, but it doesn't have anything to do with the
NCR code.  The screen cleared and went on to the next dialog before I
could read it though.  :(  Something about /etc/sysconfig not being
there, I think?  I'll try to pin it down later this week when I go do
another FreeBSD install.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org