Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2024 07:53:36 +0300
From:      Matthias Fechner <mfechner@freebsd.org>
To:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Package a second port (gitlab-ee instead of gitlab-ce)

Dear all,

I maintain the www/gitlab-ce port and would like to make also a
www/gitlab-ee port available.
The ee port only needs another distfile and some very small
modifications in the FreeBSD Makefile.

Is a slave port here an option?

Or should I use another technique (maybe just include the gitlab-ce
Makefile in the ee port and overwrite and extend some targets?)

Maybe someone has a suggestion here?

Here a short diff, it will maybe best explain what I want:
https://gitlab.fechner.net/mfechner/Gitlab/-/commit/6240f36dba538becb3482d0d3a16af2cd873bd31

Maybe it is also an option to create the following structure:
www/gitlab (holds common logic)
www/gitlab-ce (the ce edition that extends the www/gitlab Makefile)
www/gitlab-ee (the the ce port, but just the modification required for
the ee edition)

Thanks a lot!

Gruß
Matthias