Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2012 03:43:39 -0500
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
Cc:        toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: improving bootstrapping of WITH_CLANG_IS_CC

On Sep 10, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Brooks Davis wrote:
> .if ${COMPILER_TYPE} !=3D "clang"
>=20
> I'd like to commit this in the next few days unless there are =
objections
> requiring a major redesign.

Due to other $LIFE happening, I just scanned the patch, but I really =
like it.

I'd also propose a COMPILER_VERSION variable be reserved so that can be =
set so that variations in compiler versions can be comprehended in the =
tree to allow easier external toolchain support as well.  I have no impl =
for this yet, but just thought I'd put a bug in people's ear.

Warner